Partnering for Success
There is strength in numbers. The success of our students is truly a team effort. By collaborating with businesses, nonprofit organizations, government agencies and individuals, our students are provided with the opportunity to gain real-world experience to guide them to a rewarding career. Our partners help our students, teachers, and schools in a variety of ways, from offering internships to serving on industry-specific advisory committees. Additionally, our instructors are available to visit the workplace to provide on-site instruction to current employees, including ESL (English as a Second Language), basic and soft skills.
Let’s Work Together
Your involvement as a business partner helps us provide a world-class education to students as well as enhance their academic success. Our partnerships are dynamic, innovative, mutually beneficial, and contribute significantly to educating students and preparing them to be successful in the global marketplace.
Partnerships can be big or small and involve financial, human and in-kind resources that help meet the needs of schools, students, and teachers. As a partner in education with Education to Career Network, you can help prepare today’s students to become tomorrow’s responsible, accomplished, and self-confident leaders as well as develop the pipeline needed to fill your current and future workforce needs.
A Better Prepared Workforce
Becoming a partner in education is an opportunity for the academic and business community to unite in a way that enhances the learning environment for students.
Resources offered by businesses and community organizations positively impact student achievement. Business partners provide real-world input and training needed to ensure students are receiving current and relevant information regarding specific industry sectors and career opportunities within each.
In addition, businesses can also assist in creating curriculum for career programs. The wealth of knowledge that is provided from our industry players to our instructors is an invaluable way to ensure that students are prepared for the next step in their education, career, and life.
We invite you to join us in becoming a partner with Education to Career Network of North San Diego County in a variety of ways:
- Internships: Provide students with work experience by offering paid or unpaid training opportunities.
- Job Shadows: Allow students to shadow employees on-site.
- Apprenticeships: Provide students with the opportunity to train, study and learn new skills on-site.
- Mentoring: Connect with students individually or in small groups to share your expertise, advice, and experience.
- Work Site Tours: Introduce students to your business, employees and career options within your business.
- Guest Speakers: Share your knowledge, experience and advice with students in the classroom.
Program/School Site Support
- Contribute to Curriculum Development: Work with teachers to improve existing curriculum to ensure students are receiving relevant, rigorous and industry-specific instruction and training.
- Donate Classroom Supplies & Equipment: New or gently used supplies help support hands-on learning in the classroom as well as provide an introduction to what tools are used in the “real-world.”
- Faculty Externships: Provide teachers with first-hand training and experience that can then be shared with students.
- Participate in Career/Job Fairs: Represent your business in a career/job fair by assisting with résumé reviews, mock interviews, introduction to your industry sector and more.
- Serve on an Advisory Committee: Participate on an industry/program specific committee at a school site.
If your business would like more information about partnering with ETCN or if you'd like to share job a opening or any upcoming job fairs please contact Jenn Prado, ETCN Partnerships Coordinator, at 858.668.4005 or email@example.com.
A Few of our Partners
- Ajilon Professional Staffing
- Eastridge Workforce Solutions
- Harrah’s Rincon
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Lusardi Construction Company
- Mission Federal Credit Union
- Park Hyatt Aviara Resort
- RCP Block And Brick
- RDM Management Group
- Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
- Taylor Trim And Supply, Inc.
- US Foods
- Vallecitos Water District
- Wells Fargo Bank
Development & Training
- Employment Development Department
- North County Inland Career Center
- North County Coastal Career Center
- San Diego ABC Apprenticeship
- Training Trust
- San Diego Center for International Trade Development
- San Diego County Building & Construction Trades Council
- San Diego Electrical Training Center
- San Diego North Economic Development Council
- San Diego Regional Economic Development Corporation
- San Diego Workforce Partnership
- Southwest Carpenters Training Fund
- Two Directions, Inc.
- North County Works
- Aztec Software
- Burlington English
- Cengage Learning
- College Planning Source
- Escondido Education COMPACT
- Kumon North America, Inc.
- Pearson Education
- San Diego Council on Literacy
- Department of Rehabilitation
- Green Tree Home Care
- Medical Imaging & Technology Alliance
- Meridian Home Care
- Neighborhood Healthcare
- Palomar Health Community Advisory Council
- Challenged Athlete’s Foundation
- Commerciantes Latinos Asociados
- NECA San Diego Chapter
- North County Lifeline, Inc.
- North San Diego Business Chamber
- San Diego County Sheriff’s Department
Partner with us
There are multiple opportunities to partner with a specific program, campus or with our entire network of schools. To set up a phone conference or virtual meeting to discuss how your business can best partner with us, complete the form below.
Bottom Line: Adult Education Works for Everyone.
Earned more per year by adult education graduates once they earn their high school diploma
The annual estimated value to our economy in reduced costs for public support programs for adults with low skills and low literacy levels
Gained back in tax revenue and reduced expenses for every 400,000 adults who earn a high school diploma